It is important to do exercises for varicose veins for everyone, regardless of whether only spider veins in the legs are evident or nodes are already present. It is necessary to accelerate blood circulation in all cases, especially if the occupational activity involves you having to sit in one place constantly or you have to stand for several hours continuously. Teachers who work hourly at the department, barbers all day to style their hair, office workers who don't get up at their computers from morning to night, drivers who are forced to wait hours at the office. traffic jam . . . Many professions are like that, so in addition to genetics, nutrition, overweight, inactive lifestyle, there is another important point that affects the health of veins: you need to rest your legs and exercise more or less often. . a day. For example, if a person is sitting in front of a computer, it does not take much time and space to stretch his legs under the table and twist his toes in both directions. Of course, there are exercises that require space, they need to be done standing or lying down. But basic movements that aren't noticeable to others are a great way around this situation.
A set of simple exercises for varicose veins
There will be only three points here. For the health of your legs, you can afford to do these simple and quick exercises for varicose veins:
- This exercise can be done both standing and sitting. Legs should be raised above the floor and perform swinging motions with the toes - first in one direction 4 "turns", then in the other. Repeat 10-15 times with each leg.
- Like the first, this task is suitable for sitting and standing positions. Legs should be raised off the floor. Pull your toes toward you until you feel a burning or warming sensation in your calves (this is how calf muscles work). Hold 4 counts and relax your feet. Repeat 10-15 times with each leg.
- Exercise 3 is out of the question, but it's worth it. Place your feet shoulder width apart. Stand on tiptoe. And imagine that a thread is tied to the crown, pulled up. It can be imagined that this is a sprout, behind is the whole body straightened, the spine stretches in a relaxed position. 4 counts need to "grow", tiptoe and - relax, return to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times.
In addition to exercise
- People who do manual work all day, or stay at home who have to stand a lot, for example washing a lot of dishes, cooking for the big family, . . . should not "freeze" in one position. A good way is to step from foot to foot, making a circular motion with your toes, as in the above compound, jumping if the situation allows. You can place a low stool and place your legs alternately on it. To do this, you can use any suitable object - a ladder, for example.
- With prolonged sitting, no matter how ridiculous it may sound, it's a good idea to roll from butt to butt to change your body's position at least from time to time. It is advisable to periodically get up and perform circular movements with the hips. When working with a remote computer, it is advisable to replace the chair with a large ball so that the pelvis can be moved as much as possible.
- Exercises for varicose veins are perfectly complemented by a contrast shower. Moving the water flow from the bottom to the top of the leg helps blood circulate, overcoming the force of gravity. After the rehydration procedure, it is best to lie down with your legs up (the main thing is that the legs are above the pelvis).
- In addition, swimming and walking help fight varicose veins. Just spend some time walking at a moderate pace in the park or in quiet courtyards. On the contrary, running is undesirable. Gentle sports activities such as walking and swimming help improve blood circulation and strengthen the cardiovascular system. And swimming also reduces stress on the joints.